Friday 13 April 2012

happy nail year

Yes I am quite aware that it is mid April but this actually the time that the new year is celebrated in Bangladesh! To show my patriotism and celebrational..ism (?), I painted my nails for our New Years Celebration tomorrow - the Boishakhi mela :)


1419 is the year we are currently in and it is written in Bangla on the top and English on the bottom. The background for each nail, thumbs included, is the flag of Bangladesh. Tomorrow many of us will gather at a festival-stall-fundraiser kind of event, for which I have made about 60 ginger cookies for! I don't think they'll sell as well as chocolate brownies or cupcakes but.. I tried my best. And it really doesn't bother me if I have to take them all home at the end of the day ;)

My holidays finishes tomorrow, so this is my last set of nails for now, I think. It was so much funthinking of crazy ideas to paint and know that someone out there somewhere has taken the time to look at it. So thank you! Keep looking throughout the term however, I may get the time to do some nailwork, you just never know. But definitely next holidays, expect a multitude of posts again :)

Thanks again, hope you enjoyed!
Namira :)x

No comments:

Post a Comment