Sunday 29 April 2012

500!

I've just been staring at this blog's pageview count all day, refreshing it! And finally, it has moved from 499 and hit the 500! It's such a small number in comparison to avid bloggers but.. I'm proud of my nicely rounded number! So woo! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to that number - even if you accidentally clicked on it when I shamelessly posted a link to facebook.

As I sat and watched the pageview count remain unchanged, my sister pointed out to me that maybe I should post something new, you know, entice people to read my blog. Because my last post was like 4 days ago! So, although I can't paint my nails and this is a nail blog, I am posting new stuff.

I recently tested the waters of baking/making edible food. I was able to procrastinate but also provide treats for my family, whereas painting my naiks would just provide them with nail polish remover fumes. So everyone wins if I make food. Look at all my food endeavours, past and present!


From the top left corner we have delicious oatmeal cookies (very healthy), a banana-weetbix-honey shake (soooo delicious and so healthy - perfect start to the day), honey cupcakes with meringue icing (my sister's doing. Totally not healthy but still incredibly delicious.), muesli cookies (also very healthy but weren't cooked to perfection unfortunately - didn't stop me from eating them) and lastly my prized ginger cookies (you guessed it, very healthy). I've whipped up those ginger biscuits a grand total of three times - it's pretty much my specialty. The family loves it. Eats 6 in a sitting. Okay, that's me, but still THEY'RE YUMMY.

As you can see, all my creations in that food collage are healthy - or healthier than your average baked good. I just like to indulge in sweet treats without the repercussions you get from indulging in a decadent one. My sister is the opposite -  she makes it taste good but the ingredients are sooo bad.  We've decide we're kind of like the cooking show Good Chef Bad Chef (which we loooove, anything on the Food Channel = amazing) (also, google it if you've never heard of it. Don't believe everything I say!). She's the slightly bad chef while I'm the slightly good chef. Awesome story, I know.

Namira :)x

No comments:

Post a Comment